Office Redistributable Primary Interop Assemblies (PIA) matching your Office version must be installed in order to use In-Application tests. In-Application tests use PIA for communication with Office. PIA provides means for some programmatic control of the Office applications from software using the .NET technology.
To install PIA
The Office Redistributable Primary Interop Assemblies (PIA) can be downloaded using these links:
- Installer for Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies
- Installer for Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies
After installing PIA you must restart your browser. Otherwise the PIA dlls will still not load.
- There are different versions for Office 2007 and Office 2003. Only install the one that is matching your version of Microsoft Office!
- You will need administrator permissions on the computer to install software. If you do not have that you may have to talk to your administrator.
- The PIA installer only installs PIAs for Office applications currently installed. If you for example do not have Access installed you will not get the PIA for Access. If you then later install Access you will have to re-install the PIA.
If you are getting this error message but are certain that PIA is installed, please verify this by opening a browser and examine C:\Windows\Assembly
This shows a list of installed assemblies. If PIA is installed there should be entries for:
They should have a version number of 188.8.131.52 (Office 2003) or 184.108.40.206 (Office 2007)