In response to ongoing changes in browser technology, we are updating our support provision from 1st January 2016. To summarise, this will include the ending of support for:
- Java-based testing
- Browser versions that are no longer supported by the application provider
- The ET2 classic user interface
- MS Office 2003
- Microsoft XP
It is important to stress that we are not, at this point in time, removing functionality and that the components detailed above will continue be available until further notice. However, we will no longer be providing support for these components and therefore our initial response to any support query relating to them will be that you move to a supported version, as follows:
- Java-free testing
- A browser version supported by the application provider
- The new ET2 user interface
- MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013
- Windows 7, 8, 10
As we will no longer be updating our software to fix issues arising from the use of these components, where no effective workaround is available, then there will be no fix.
Specific details are as follows:
1) Suspension of support for Java
We will no longer be providing support for Java-based in-application testing. Java-based testing will continue to be available within ATLAS Cloud and should work for the foreseeable future, providing no changes are made by the third-party application providers (Microsoft and Oracle) that affect its operation.
2) Suspension of support for older browsers
In line with Microsoft’s policy on browser support, only the following versions will continue to receive support:
Windows Desktop OS Internet Explorer Version
Windows Vista SP2 Internet Explorer 9
Windows 7 SP1 Internet Explorer 11
Windows 8.1 Update Internet Explorer 11
Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11
3) End of support for classic user interface (UI). In addition, we will continue to support the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox. We also plan to announce official support for Safari in the near future, although this will not include the use of in-application testing.
The new user UI has now been overwhelmingly adopted and new functionality is no longer tested against the classic UI. The classic UI will therefore cease to be supported.
4) MS Office 2003
Office 2003 ceased to be supported by Microsoft as of 08/04/2014 and therefore MS Office 2003 tests will cease to be supported.
5) Microsoft XP
Microsoft XP ceased to be supported by Microsoft as of 08/04/2014 and therefore will cease to be supported as an operating environment for ATLAS Cloud.
Please note that Microsoft’s support end date for MS Vista is currently 11/04/17.