Bespoke tests and eLearning can be created using third party software and uploaded by an Administrator into ATLAS Cloud.
Please note that this does not apply to any tests or eLearning that are created for awarding body qualifications such as BCS/ICDL. The content is available on ATLAS Cloud once it has been purchased via the awarding body.
For any non-awarding body content, the content must be created outside of ATLAS Cloud in a specific compatible format called SCORM that is able to be uploaded.
To create the content, the file must be SCORM compatible. A zip file is created from the authoring tool and then able to be uploaded.
To upload the content into ATLAS Cloud the Administrator must have the correct permissions. The additional role of Test Manager must be assigned in the Roles tab against the Administrator's profile. Please see Access Rights section for more details. Once the correct permissions have been enabled, the following steps should be followed:
- Highlight the Organisation name in the tree structure
- Select the Resources drop down on the top header (located to the right of the Organisation drop down). If a new Category is required follow from Step 3 below. If a Category for the content has already been created follow from step 11 below
- Select Categorization from the list
- A list of Resource Categorizations will appear. This is content that has already been uploaded
- Click the Create button
- Enter the name of the content in the Category field
- Enter the reference of the content in the Code field
- Enter the description into the Description field
- Click the Save button
- Select the Resources drop down on the top header (located to the right of the Organisation drop down)
- Select Catalogue from the list
- Select the Catalogue drop down (by the ATLAS Cloud header)
- Select Import Resources
- Click the Add Files button
- Navigate to the SCORM file and select Open
- The file will appear in the Import Resources window, if required, repeat the process from steps 14 and 15 to add multiple files
- Click the Start Import button and the import will start and the progress bar will show
- Once the import is complete, a page will appear with the drop downs Select Resource to Replace and Category
- a. For new content, leave the Select Resource to Replace blank and select from the Category drop down. b. To replace existing content find the original content under the Select Resource to Replace drop down. It will always default to the last content added. If you wish to transfer the existing settings, use the tick box Use settings from replaced resource. Click the Continue button
- There will be a Pending message and, once the import is complete, you will see a Completed! message
- Close the import window using the Close button
- The new content is now seen in the Catalogue list assigned to the chosen Catalogue. To view the settings, click the Resource name. This will show the settings for the content including Description, Global Resource Category, Expiration Time (days), Completion Time (days), Email enabled, Resource Text. It is also possible to delete the content from here if it has been added in error using the Delete button
- The resource is also now available under the Assignments tab ready to be assigned to a group or a candidate as normal. See Assigning Tests and Limits section for more information.